I Was Mean

I've talked about buying wars, and how you can use that to make yourself money -- as long as the other person is left holding the pet.

An easy way to ensure that you won't be left with the pet is to find an owner who has a pattern of buying their pets back. Look at the history on the pet to see if the current owner always buys the pet back. Even better is when you find somebody who keeps buying their girlfriend or boyfriend back. They simply won't quit!

A few months ago, I found a couple who owned each other. Gold! I bought the girl, and he bought her back as expected. So I bought her and bought the guy. They each bought the other back. I kept doing this until I could not afford both of them, but I had more than enough to buy just the girl. Then she got too expensive, but now I had enough for the guy! This went on for a few days... then the girl didn't buy him back. Oops! Now I was stuck with some dude on my pet list! Oh no!

Eventually, she did buy him, and I stopped messing with them. I had made some good money.

And hoo boy was it fun!

7 comments:

Fiona said...

You need to keep your eye on the person who will buy them back....can they afford them? ....no point in continuing the war if they cannot afford the war. as said before the trick is "know when to quit"... excuse the pun

Andrew Mager said...

What a great tactic. Sometimes I buy a cute pet, and her previous owner buys her back immediately.

We go back and forth until someone can't afford. I always lose. I wonder if these people have money sitting around or something?

I was taught to always spend... from YOU Greg.

Fiona said...

I am not a Mean person per se, but my eyes light up when a pet has the nickname "DO NOT BUY ME" they are just so predictable..... it is like a neon sign saying....I will buy them back...They always get them back and I always make a profit.... although at the moment I am sitting on a $500,000 pet whose owner states in her introduction..."I will always buy him back"....lol... i think it must be her husband

Matty said...

Everyone's different, but I think that some people enjoy having to fight for someone they know.

There are plenty of people who don't get abusive, don't uninstall, and don't adjust their "about me" to prevent being bought. There must be some reason.

Possibly they like the fact their pet's value is increasing. It's a medal of sorts.

Personally I've had a pair of sisters I've been buying on and off for months. I chat to them a little in the game and one of them even bought me once. They probably don't realise about the making money aspect though. =)

Unknown said...

I think people should be able to loan money to other people.

Bowly said...

I kept buying the female half of a couple (the male half was set to private, even though he was in her picture). Eventually he stopped buying her back. I sat on it for two weeks. I then changed her nickname to "Joe's #1 Girl" and he bought her back within 10 minutes. Too funny.

Someone else discovered my little moneymaker and she's now too expensive for me to buy.

Unknown said...

Be careful, because there are those people like me that every so often will name a pet something like "My Girlfriend - DO NOT BUY!" just to attract people who think I will always buy her back. I love getting into a bidding war with them!