Finding Quick-Sell Pets

I've covered how you make 4% each time a pet sells. To make money, you need to have pets selling. As many and as often as you can. The pets do not have to be highly-valued... selling 10 $10k pets will net you $4,000. Selling one $100k pet will net you $4000.

To keep the pets moving, one technique I covered is to have a long list of pets. Just based on probability, you'll increase the rate of sales.

But another technique, which can be even more important, is to find pets that will be purchased quickly. The pet may be under-valued, and somebody else will come along and buy them. But the typical case is a pet who will be repurchased by their owner.

These pets are not too hard to spot. Look at their purchase history on their profile. You may need to flip a page or two, but what you're looking for is a pattern where the current owner keeps buying the pet. Somebody will buy the pet, and the original owner will buy them back right away. Somebody else buys... bought back. Every now and then, maybe two owners will be in between, but the original owner continues to rebuy the pet.

Also important is to look at the times of the purchases. Let's say John's pet Jane is bought away 10 days ago. John rebuys her at 9 days. Somebody else buys her at 3 days, and he buys her back at 3 days. This is a good sign -- John really wants to keep Jane and buys her as soon as he logs back in.

On the other hand, if Jane was bought at 10 days, and John waits until 5 days to rebuy her? You could end up holding Jane for a while. Go find another pet that is repurchased much more quickly.

I may refer to this later as "flipping a pet" (the term comes from real estate and "flipping a home"). It is a great way to make a quick buck. And if all of your pets are purchased to flip? Then you will make money very quickly!

3 comments:

Fiona said...

another thing to look foris when they were last on-liine.... I was following yours and my "rules" of looking for someone who buys their pets back the other day..I wasn'y until after the purchase i looked at when he was last online...21 days ago....busted am now stuck with an expensive "pet" whose previous owner has lost interest... life is a learning curve... I really think I need a hobby...

Greg said...

@Fiona very good point about when they were last online!! thanks for the update.

And you do have a hobby. It's called FFS. :-)

Unknown said...

I happened to get traded around by a bunch of people I don't know. I had no idea you could be bought by people who weren't your friends. My value soared, and I started buying pets, and am now stuck with an expensive one nobody seems to want back. What should I do with her? My strategy certainly needs work...