Newly Discovered Playing Style

(sorry for the delays in posting... Andrew and I will try to post more regularly...)

Last week, I was chatting with an FFS friend of mine. We were talking about high-value pets and about how the gameplay changes. It is an entirely different world from the play styles that I had seen. The new style boils down pretty simply:

I want to be the highest-valued pet in this network.

Whether that network is your local region, your school or work, or the entire world. These players take all of their profits and dump it back into their own value.

"But wait!" you yell. "You can't buy yourself, so how does their cash get combined into their own value?"

That's the trick, now isn't it? If "John" wants to increase his value, then he will require cooperation from several other players. Pets are traded back and forth in a somewhat complicated set of maneuvers intended to shift the cash away from John to whomever will be the John's new owner. The new owner then buys John using that extra cash, and John's value has now gone up.

I don't have all the mechanics down, nor fully understood. But if you want to get into the high-value game, then expect to spend a lot of time instant-messaging with, making friends with, and establishing trust with your fellow players. All of these deals are worked out there, and then quickly executed within the game.

Update: sorry, this "newly discovered" style is in reference to my original post about playing styles.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think this is the only way to increase value. I'm really hoping that the developers could alter/change the codes a bit so that when a pet receives a gift from it's owner, the value increases (maybe by a fraction of an amount so that users will/can not abuse the system).

p/s: I'm using this method you mentioned since some bozzo keeps buying and letting me free/put on sale to decrease my value... sheeshh...

Andrew Mager said...

I agree with cyphereza and Greg. Buying wars can be intense, and it's only beneficial to make pacts with other players to gain value.

Only a fool plays this game alone.

Matty said...

Personally I have avoided this style of play deliberately.

It's just standard pumping up of a pets value except there's an alliance between two players. Two people are the permanent owners of each other, and they find pumping buddies to pump up their value (who end up with the money).

The reason I don't like this style of play is that all of your cash goes into your value and hence you have lowered earning capacity. Theoretically as you get more cash you should be able to earn more cash - but this diminishes that.

On the other hand you do get more attention from the rankings. Such a pity there aren't rankings based on worth instead.