Where's My Allowance?!

I've seen comments on the discussion board, on this blog, and (most recently) in a message to me asking "Where is my allowance? It has been four hours!"

This has happened to me before, too... I look at my Dashboard, and an entry says "You earned $2,000 for logging in. 7 hours ago." But I do not see a similar entry for now. However, when I look at my cash in the upper-right corner, it might say "$2,349". Since I always spend all my cash, then the fact that I've got over $2,000 says that I received my allowance. What gives?

The simplest answer is that the Newsfeed on your Dashboard is out of date. You got the allowance, but it isn't showing up in the feed. The FFS application keeps a copy of your feed which it will show you when you view the page. That copy will sometimes be wrong.

Here is a trick: under your feed, click on the link to "page 2" of the feed, wait for it to load, then click on "page 1". FFS will recreate its copy of the first page of your feed and that page will show your allowance.

Now. I will remind you to spend all of your cash. It should not be hard to tell whether you received the allowance or not, if you follow that rule.

And now that you have your allowance... go buy some pets!

1 comments:

Andrew Mager said...

Thanks for the reminder to spend some cash. I think I have about $10k sitting around collecting virtual dust.