The Wishlist

As I've described before, whenever you have cash, then you should spend it. The immediate problem that comes up is, "on which pets?"

I use my wishlist extensively to track pets that I find interesting. And when I say "extensively", I've got literally hundreds of pets on that list. I try and keep pets in a large variety of prices. When I have some cash, then I search my wishlist for the most expensive pet within my means.

As I play the game, I look at people's list of pets and wishlist interesting ones. Sometimes, I'll see somebody interesting who has commented on a person's wall. Other times, when one of my pets is purchased, I'll look at the buyer's list of pets. If they are buying my pets, they may have others that I'll find interesting. In all these cases, I just keep adding to my wishlist for future purchases.

It is hard to keep inexpensive pets on the wishlist, so see my post about finding inexpensive pets. I will write up another post on how to find (more) pets at a given price (too long to include here).

The wishlist is a great way to track pets you like. It could be easier to find pets in a certain price range, but it is decent way to find somebody to spend your cash on. I also find it interesting to watch the growth in value of pets that I've previously owned ("Wow, she's at $200k now! I remember buying her for $1k!").

8 comments:

peter said...

When I add pets to my wishlist, their value listed on the wishlist stays what it was when they were added.

Greg said...

In my recent post Where's My Allowance?, I noted how FFS will sometimes have an old copy of the Newsfeed that is shown on your Dashboard. The same thing can happen with pets' values that get shown in your wishlist or under the Pets tab. Given some time, the value will be corrected.

Andrew Mager said...

My wishlist is basically hot pets that I cannot afford. None of them are cheap either.

Great post!

milshake said...

I'm interested on how find pets in a certain value. I usually rather spend my money on one good expensive pet, that i know will pay off quickly, though the risk of being stuck is higher. browsing the random selection and recently active can be quite a hassle since many aren't in the price range i'm looking for. any better ideas? :P

Napolean said...

But there are some pets for whom you are being out-bid again n again or smbdy has got into an auction race but you want that pet...wat is thebest way to get it n keep it?

Matty said...

I do use the wishlist to some extent, but I generally prefer to use bookmarks. Until such time as there is decent wishlist management (categorisation, sorting, searching, etc), they're so much better.

You can keep everything nicely categorised and find what you want quickly. The only disadvantages are you can't use another computer (hence why I use the wishlist too), and you can't get up to date price range categorisation (not that you really can with wishlist either).

Unknown said...

Hey, there.
I think the wishlist should offer choices for sorting out the records. DEFAULT by value DESC, or optional by name ASCENDING.

Also, please leave out the friends who are always on my wishlist but they are owned by me, at the moment.

Thank you all for so much fun.

Preston said...

Is there a way to remove pets from your wishlist?