Upscaling

In my last post, I mentioned how I always try to buy the most expensive pet possible, given the cash that I have on hand. What happens a lot (especially if you don't log in maniacally) is that a pet or three will have been purchased from you, and then throw in an allowance. You now have the means to convert many less-expensive pets into one more-expensive pet.

Why would you do this? Simple: the more-expensive pets are typically more desirable. If you want to have the most beautiful pets, then you need to start spending more on them. I call this "upscaling your pets".

Earlier today, I was purchased and made about $10k. Throw in the $10k bonus for today, plus a $2k pet and a $2k allowance, and I had a bunch of cash. That allowed me to buy a pet for nearly $24k. That $2k pet that I lost can easily be purchased again in the future, once I get another allowance, but it is much harder to have $20k on hand, so you take the opportunity as soon as possible.

There are some minor exceptions for going with the most expensive pet, based on a strategy of having many pets. I'll detail that later.

For now, just know one thing: buy the best you can!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

u know u log-in maniacally :)

debdeb

Andrew Mager said...

I feel like $24k is a cheap pet. Anything over $100k is upscaling to me.

Greg said...

Anything under $2k is cheap since you get that with your allowance. You can always buy those pets.

Once a pet is over $2k, then you have to save (bad idea) or use other techniques to reach that value.

Around $20k would be "mid-range". They aren't super hard to reach, but you do have to work on it.