Feature Request: Improved Wishlist

(this is the first "feature request" post ... I'll be posting these periodically with my/your thoughts on suggested changes to FFS)

I've mentioned before how long my wishlist is... hundreds of potential pets (652 currently). This makes my Dashboard quite slow to load, and it even crashes the browser on my iPhone. I'd really like to see an improved wishlist...

I believe a solution is to move the Wishlist to a tab under the "Pets" menu. This tab would be a companion to the existing Friends, Everyone, On Sale, and network tabs. Within that tab, you could then filter your Wishlist by male/female, and sort according to price and activity. That would go a huge way to solving my Wishlist issues.

Also note that the lists under Pets tab are paginated, and they also display the purchase price (a problem that I discussed yesterday). This would greatly improve the usability.

The above change is mostly "cosmetic" and doesn't change the base functionality of the Wishlist. One functional change that I'd like to see is to have two Wishlists. I would like to use the second Wishlist for tracking people with interesting pets, but whom I do not want to actually buy. I just want to revisit them periodically and raid their pets.

4 comments:

Matty said...

How'd you go about finding out how big your wishlist was?

I guess I could save the page source and use a unix pipeline, but meh ... =)

Greg said...

1. save page source
2. trim extra bits
3. grep -c 'Cash:'

:-)

So yeah... just what you suggested, but I couldn't say "meh" since I wanted to know for the post... hehe...

Andrew Mager said...

I love the wishlist feature. Especially if someone sends me a link to a cute pet and I wanna bookmark it.

On the other hand, I rarely use my wishlist because it is kinda hidden. I need it to be more prominent.

Gaurav said...

Just forget wishlisting. Use Firefox 3's new places feature and the new smart location bar, aka awesome bar. Tag FFS pages as you go things like 'ffs wish', 'ffs shop', 'ffs mod', etc.! Or make up your own system! :)