Raid of a Lifetime

Last week was really weird for me. Most of the week, it was pretty quiet on FFS. Not a whole lot of trades, but things started picking up Friday afternoon. I finally got rid of all my cash and went out for the evening.

I got home late and refreshed my FFS page.

$1.5 million in cash. WOAH!!

The run started on an inexpensive pet, Lisa, netting me a simple $1.7k. Then the big one hit... Alex bought my pet Nancy, dropping $905k into my account! Four more sales netted me a bit over $50k. Then Andrew comes stomping along and picks up my pets Carmen and Tifa, giving me $267k and $299k respectively.

Well, at this point, my mind is struggling. $1.5 million. I've never had that before. But... I was now down to just 14 pets. In my post on upscaling, I mentioned how I always try to buy the most expensive pet possible, given how much cash I have. But pets over a million move very slowly. I decided to follow my own advice and extend my list of pets, rather than buy one super-expensive pet.

I was going shopping! Fun, fun, fun!

I went and bought five of my favorite and most beautiful pets: Roxanne, Pari, Esther, Ana, and Faith. With the remaining money, I snapped up Jasmine and Denise. Then I danced a little jig and poured myself a glass of bourbon.

Never fear a raid!

5 comments:

Andrew Mager said...

FINALLY, you appreciate me buying pets from you!

I love when I come home to boatload of money. It's smart to not just buy a really expensive pet (unless you bought me of course).

I love upscaling too.

I will always raid your petshop.

Unknown said...

I raided one petstore for 2.2 mill a couple of days ago... He where quite happy with the big bucks I gave him ;)

Karen S said...

Is there ever a time when buying like super expensive (over $1mil) pets is a good idea?

Greg said...

@kitty4777: Sure. The pet might be a good investment if you know somebody will buy them from you (Andrew's and my price have gone up quite a bit just from investment buyers). The pet might also have special meaning for you, and you don't mind "parking" your cash in that pet. Or maybe you just find them so ridiculously attractive that you can't help yourself! :-P

Nearvision said...

investment buyers can get scared, or may be were waiting for a chance to dump the super expensive pet. it's a tricky step to take.