Pets to Keep... or to Flip?

When I'm looking for pets, I always buy ones that I am happy with keeping. If they never sell, then I'm good with that. My goal is to collect beautiful pets... not to make money. This is one of the reasons that I don't buy guys :-) (so some of you can stop asking... hehe) Of course, just buying pets based on their profile picture can also subject me to "the Hamster Problem", but that's an acceptable risk.

But there are times when I will buy a pet in order to flip her. Let's say that I'm looking to spend my cash, and I find two pets that are beautiful and about the same price. Which one should I buy?

I look at when she last logged in, whether she has any pets (and has been buying them recently), and whether other people have been buying her lately. If a pet is very active, then it is a good bet they will sell pretty quickly. It means she is being seen by a lot of people, and interacting with people, and one of them will want to buy her.

In this scenario, I will buy the active one with the hope that she'll flip quickly (i.e. a few hours or maybe a day). With the proceeds from the sale, then I can buy the other pet I was looking at. Recall that since I don't keep cash around, then I won't be able to repurchase the active pet. But that's okay because I can buy the other beautiful pet.

4 comments:

Andrew Mager said...

I know what you mean when you say you buy pets to flip them. Some just go faster than others, and you can sense when that is the case.

I always keep an extra $100k sitting around in case someone buys one of my "preferred" pets, just so I can buy them back :)

And are you saying I'm not beautiful enough to own?

Anonymous said...

just wondering is there is there anyway to by a pet n keep her off the market

Greg said...

liljohny1991: Nope.

Rick Elinski said...

For my own part... of course I know this is a game. But.. it is still called Friends For Sale. So I pretty much limit it to friends. Otherwise, people I actually WANT to be friends with. And a number of my friends are offended when some random stranger buys them just to add to their collection, especially when they do something foolish like write "my sexy toy" or something.

My beef is just people need SOME manners. My suggestion is, if they are not your friend already, add them to your wish list. Second, either post on FFS for permission to buy them or just add them to your friends list, then buy them since they at least know you to accept your friend request.

If you just want to play around with hot girls or guys just for thrills, try "You're a Hottie". The name says it all... 'nuff said